Uddermans first MOG "wrasse bash"

Snatcher

Well Malky had been in touch about having a try for some MOG wrasse so we met up yesterday morning at 06.00 for Malkies "wrasse bash" !!! After a short drive we arrived at the parking place for the mark I had in mind and set off through the fields. I told Malky it was about a 20 min walk but I think that was an underestimation.

After carefully walking through a field with 2 bulls in and yomping along the cliff tops we arrived at the mark. We both set up with sliding floats on our spinning gear,I had lug and limpet for bait and Malky had lug and crab.

The water was a fair depth so we were just fishing a couple of feet out. I was first in after about 10 mins with a small coalfish. I put it into a rock pool for a quick photo and while doing so the hook dropped out,well that was handy.

1-77.jpg

Malkies wrasse expertise then started to shine through when he landed his first fish. It was not big but it was our target species. He managed to winkle out a couple of more wrasse at this spot before we decided to move further along the cliffs. I nearly came a cropper at this stage as the rocks were quite slippy,all I hurt was my pride though!!! We got settled in to this second mark and very shortly Malkie was working his wrasse magic again with a bigger stamp of fish and all I could manage was one wrasse.

2-51.jpg

3-40.jpg

4-36.jpg

What did cause much amusement was the slight language barrier between the Geordie and Scottish accent. It had the pair of us giggling like a pair of kids.

This was one of my wrasse

5-34.jpg

We moved on again to our final mark and Malky got a couple of bigger wrasse on crab bait while I managed to lose a couple of decent fish when the hooks pulled out. I also tried spinning hoping for a pollack but never got a touch on the lures. We packed in just before noon and Malky had had a great session,getting into double figures on the wrasse. All I had managed was one coley and two wrasse!!!!

6-25.jpg

7-21.jpg

8-22.jpg

That climb back up the cliff had me done in. By the time I got to the top Malkie was onto his second ciggy LOL. Malky then came back to our caravan in Drummore and we had a cup of coffee and a bit craic on the veranda. I gave Malkie a couple of Snatchers WMD's to try out at a later date. Photo courtesy of my good lady Dorothy.

9-16.jpg

It had been a most enjoyable morning session and Malkie had got his wrasse and I was really pleased for him. All of our fish had swam safely away with no casualties which is always good. He set off from our place to go to Ardwell Marine to pick up some bait for his afternoon/evening session. Smoothies were his target,I just hope he got some. :)

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Well Malky had been in touch about having a try for some MOG wrasse so we met up yesterday morning at 06.00 for Malkies "wrasse bash" !!! After a short drive we arrived at the parking place for the mark I had in mind and set off through the fields. I told Malky it was about a 20 min walk but I think that was an underestimation.

After carefully walking through a field with 2 bulls in and yomping along the cliff tops we arrived at the mark. We both set up with sliding floats on our spinning gear,I had lug and limpet for bait and Malky had lug and crab.

The water was a fair depth so we were just fishing a couple of feet out. I was first in after about 10 mins with a small coalfish. I put it into a rock pool for a quick photo and while doing so the hook dropped out,well that was handy.

1-77.jpg

Malkies wrasse expertise then started to shine through when he landed his first fish. It was not big but it was our target species. He managed to winkle out a couple of more wrasse at this spot before we decided to move further along the cliffs. I nearly came a cropper at this stage as the rocks were quite slippy,all I hurt was my pride though!!! We got settled in to this second mark and very shortly Malkie was working his wrasse magic again with a bigger stamp of fish and all I could manage was one wrasse.

2-51.jpg

3-40.jpg

4-36.jpg

What did cause much amusement was the slight language barrier between the Geordie and Scottish accent. It had the pair of us giggling like a pair of kids.

This was one of my wrasse

5-34.jpg

We moved on again to our final mark and Malky got a couple of bigger wrasse on crab bait while I managed to lose a couple of decent fish when the hooks pulled out. I also tried spinning hoping for a pollack but never got a touch on the lures. We packed in just before noon and Malky had had a great session,getting into double figures on the wrasse. All I had managed was one coley and two wrasse!!!!

6-25.jpg

7-21.jpg

8-22.jpg

That climb back up the cliff had me done in. By the time I got to the top Malkie was onto his second ciggy LOL. Malky then came back to our caravan in Drummore and we had a cup of coffee and a bit craic on the veranda. I gave Malkie a couple of Snatchers WMD's to try out at a later date. Photo courtesy of my good lady Dorothy.

9-16.jpg

It had been a most enjoyable morning session and Malkie had got his wrasse and I was really pleased for him. All of our fish had swam safely away with no casualties which is always good. He set off from our place to go to Ardwell Marine to pick up some bait for his afternoon/evening session. Smoothies were his target,I just hope he got some. :)

John

What!!!!! drinking coffee I dont believe it