Spiderwire?

homer

Does anyone know if spiderwire is any good for lure fishing?,am i right in saying its neither braid or mono but something in between?,i seen a 300 yard spool of 15Ib for 19 quid,is it worth the money?

Spiderwire makes at least 3 totally different sorts of line.

Mono (used it and it is a good one)

Braid (not used it - more expensive than fireline or powerpro)

Fusion.

I expect you are speaking of the fusion. I have used it and like it. Not as well as powerpro braid but it is much less expensive and IMO nearly as good. Used it for lure fishing and bait fishing.

Smaller diameter to b/s than mono or many of the braids. Holds up well and casts nicely.

You might want to check out the two newest variations of the Spiderwire Fusion which is even smaller diameter to b/s than the original. They now make one for sea fishing - which should do fine in fresh water also. They make another called "Catfish Fusion" which was designed for use with larger US catfish which love thick cover. Supposed to be very abrasion resistant.

I haven't used either of the newer ones but based on experience with the original line, I would expect them to be good. Slightly more expensive than the original and I think a 300 yd size spool was (for comparison)

$10 - original

$11 - catfish in 30lb b/s

$12 - sea in 30lb b/s

I have only seen 30lb to 80lb b/s on the newer ones though so if you want lighter line, stay with the original.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

homer

newt is right

i think you probably mean braid

as well as stuff here in arts on eltons site

theres also a lot of gen on these lines

at http://members.lycos.co.uk/lureangler/

in the tackle section

personally ive always rated spiderwire braid but its a tad expesnive and very thin for tis bs and so is not vg @ resisting much abrasion

geezer :)