beach rods

tonyponty

hi all just to say i am going to be new at beachcasting/fishing so just wanted to know what a decent beachcasting rod and fixed spool reel to get something not to exspensive did buy one of these beachcaster rod and reels from aldi store but can not cast far as it seems to whippy at the end .thx for any help ,,tony

any info on disable friendly fisheries whithin 25miles radius of pontefract would be welcome thanks tony

Where will you mostly be fishing from ? Clean or Rough ground ?

B)

well my son as just got a caravan at easington on east coast so will just be fishing from beach mainly as it is only 5 mins away never done sea fishing before

thx for your reply

any info on disable friendly fisheries whithin 25miles radius of pontefract would be welcome thanks tony

well my son as just got a caravan at easington on east coast so will just be fishing from beach mainly as it is only 5 mins away never done sea fishing before

thx for your reply

guess no one knows then lol

Tony, what's your budget? The really cheap beach rods are junk, in my experience. I ended up paying about £150 for an excellent rod, but I'm sure you can get a good one for less than that.

The other thing is that a bit of casting tuition will make more difference than which rod you buy.

Yep would be handy to know what you max budget is.

Up north i see so i would guess a stiffish rod needed, so something capable of

casting up to 8 oz.

Ebay can be your friend see here

As for Fixed spool reels, i've only have small spinning reels as i am am a big multiplier fan.

1509tarpon_75_.gif

hi all just to say i am going to be new at beachcasting/fishing so just wanted to know what a decent beachcasting rod and fixed spool reel to get something not to exspensive did buy one of these beachcaster rod and reels from aldi store but can not cast far as it seems to whippy at the end .thx for any help ,,tony

:D Try the Shakespeare Salt range, very good for the money. :D

:D Try the Shakespeare Salt range, very good for the money. :D

hi thx for all your replys was looking at around £ 75.00 ish but would go a bit more yes a stiffish rod would be best the one from aldi is very whippy and the tip bends right round when tension line up lol then what reel would be best to use then what rigs do i want sorry for been a pain lol ,,tony