HELP! how to catch bigger fish?

sparkyy

hey guys

had quite a good session on bishops green farm lake yesterday catching loads of carp but most of them were quite small the best one i had was about seven pounds.

as boilies are banned i was using 14mm halibut pellets on the carp rod and corn on fhe feeeder(to which i caught all of my fish on bar one!) any ideas on how i can go about cathing the better carp that are in residence?

Generally it's a matter of fishing where the bigger fish like to feed.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Its quite difficult to target larger specemeins in a lake full of mixed size carp.

Unless you have good clear water its imposible to pick out the larger fish to target.

I have found that I usually get a slightly bigger stamp of fish fishing floating bread in the margins. Walking round with minimal tackle and feeding some freebees in likely looking spots may give you the chance to spot bigger fish before offering them your hookbait.

I use sweetcorn too. Should I be using something else if I want to catch bigger fish?

as a norm I use at least 3 to 4 kernals of sweetened deercorn on a hair, if you are still getting nothing but small fish chances are that is all the swim has to offer.

Welcome to Anglers' Net carpwalker.

I envy you since I apparently live in a totally carp free area. Most of the locals aren't even sure what they are. :o

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Gators & turtles here. Not nearly as much fun to catch as carp. :D :D