dragon pike rod

markyedgar

hi i got given a dragon pike doctor spin 12ft deadbait/powerspin rod yesterday i've googled it up but not found the rod was hopin if anyone has it or knows about it and would be able to tell me if it would be a good rod for feeder fishing using the method feeder.

it has a 3lb test curve

thanks

a bit over gunned ,but if your using big method feeders less than a 100 yd lob ,it should just about manage ,bite indication might not be that sesative .

your rod

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

a bit over gunned ,but if your using big method feeders less than a 100 yd lob ,it should just about manage ,bite indication might not be that sesative .

your rod

thanks for quick reply. i realise it abit heavy duty and bites wont be that sensitive and hard to know if line bite or a take but it got given it and fought would be good to start off with. i will be investing in a new feeder rod soon so if you have any ideas of good rods to use for feeder fishing that would help

thanks

I actually use a barbel rod for big/heavy method feeders ,and my jw avon/quiver rod with the quiver top fitted but any medium to heavy feeder rod will handle the standard match sized method feeders ,but your looking at a tip actioned rod for the smaller flat bottomed type method feeder ,and a mid too tip avon type for the big ball type method feeders (1.5lbs to 2lbs b/s)

look at a rod with multi-fit quivertips + avon tip (more tips = more options) ,length of rod is down too the venues your likley too be fishing ,ie : commercial fisheries have tighter swims so shorter rod is needed 10/11ft but pits and ponds you can easily get away with a 12ft rod the longer rod giving you more control / distance

picking a rod thats where the fun starts ,theres a milliad too choose from ,there no substitute too getting upclose and personal with a few rods & a reel ,too check for balance that you'll like ,and importantly the feel of a rod .look at both ends of the market ,budget & top of the range .

shimano stradic medium heavy feeders ,are really nice rod ,awfully thin but powerfull rods ,but then dragoncarp do a few contenders ,ok not as thin a blank but good powerfull rods

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

I actually use a barbel rod for big/heavy method feeders ,and my jw avon/quiver rod with the quiver top fitted but any medium to heavy feeder rod will handle the standard match sized method feeders ,but your looking at a tip actioned rod for the smaller flat bottomed type method feeder ,and a mid too tip avon type for the big ball type method feeders (1.5lbs to 2lbs b/s)

look at a rod with multi-fit quivertips + avon tip (more tips = more options) ,length of rod is down too the venues your likley too be fishing ,ie : commercial fisheries have tighter swims so shorter rod is needed 10/11ft but pits and ponds you can easily get away with a 12ft rod the longer rod giving you more control / distance

picking a rod thats where the fun starts ,theres a milliad too choose from ,there no substitute too getting upclose and personal with a few rods & a reel ,too check for balance that you'll like ,and importantly the feel of a rod .look at both ends of the market ,budget & top of the range .

shimano stradic medium heavy feeders ,are really nice rod ,awfully thin but powerfull rods ,but then dragoncarp do a few contenders ,ok not as thin a blank but good powerfull rods

thanks for the advise atm i only have a method feeder that you get free with a mag... be a better angler. think it either 10g or 24g not sure, so this would be to light for the rod i have? i will get heavier method feeders and open end and block feeders. i been looking at other feeder rods i could get and came across the shakespear omni x feeder rod.. it £15.99 which is good hahaha but going have loook around tackle shops like you said to get a feel of them etc. but i looked with my friend couple weeks back and they only had one feeder rod and came with 3 quiver tips and was £50 forgot what the make of it was again thou so ill have another look soon.

what should i be looking for when look for feeder rod and reels?