top twos are stuck!

Lopz

hi all,

the top two sections of my pole were elasticated when I bought it second hand. Recently they got stuck (the first section would not come back down through the second section) and i couldn't get the bung out so i cut the elastic. Problem is it is still stuck. The first section moves about 6 inches down through the second section then just jams. Any ideas?

Also

when trying to elasticate another spare top section the elastic gets stuck about halfway down the first section although the diamond eyed threader goes all the way through(it does need a firm push at the point where the elastic gets stuck)what can be causing this blockage?

any help?

thanks

Have you or the previous owner been using washing up liquid as a lubricant?

All you dirty minded readers keep out of this :D:D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Don't know if washing up lquid used - i haven't used it. Could it be that some of the elastic remains and is stuck in the gap between the sections and this is causing the sections to jam? If so anybody got any ideas

Thanks