RDAA Day Tickets

Chris Plumb

Some of you probably know that RDAA are selling Day Tickets for the first time this coming season. However, it is not for all their waters.

I've just picked up my permit for the season and copied down the following list of those waters that WILL be available on the un-accompanied ticket. They are as follows...

Beats 1 - 5.

Burghfield River

Cottage Lane

East Towney (canal)

Lower Benyons

Midgham (canal)

Padworth Canal

Salmon Cut

Theale Lagoon

Wylies

So, NO Upper Benyons which will be a big disappointment to some - you'll just have to get an annual.

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Chris, can you confirm which waters have been open during the 'spring' extension? This is a new arrangement since I was last on the book, as is the unattended guest ticket.

cheers

Slyder

Gary

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´><((((º>

Theale Lagoon is that 'inland sea' south of the K&A between Shinfield Lock & Garston Lock - used to be called Amey's Pit when I were a lad. It's the one with the sailing club on that you access from the road between Theale Swing Bridge and Sheffield Bottom. It got ravaged by the Black Plague a few years back. Used to be good for BIG pike, but with several hundred acres of water to explore it's only for the hardy!!

'Fraid I don't know which waters are available on the spring extension - strict observer of the Close Season me, so don't pay much (any ) attention. RDAA announce each Jan. which waters are covered and extension permits are available from then.

May have more details on their website...

www.rdaa.co.uk

Chris

Thanks anyway Chris. I was just curious as to which stillwaters would be seeing their first activity in 3 months come the 16th.

Gary

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´><((((º>

Was a bit dodgy a few years back - they now have a couple of 'secure' compounds at Pingewood and Farnham Flint Pit. Parking aint free though - will cost you 20 quid for a parking season plus a fiver deposit for the high security key. Still beats having your car nicked....

Chris