angling telly and bad practice

big al

last night (friday)having had 3 wisdom teeth removed during the day!!,i watched 3 angling programmes on home and leisure.2 of them hooked on fishing and go fishing included peices on dead bait fishing for pike.

now on both of these the anglers were some 20 meters away from the rods on one occasion drinking tea on anouther twitching a dead bait.

this resulted in a delay when a take was recorded of some time,now luckily in my opionion no fish was hurt as the hooks were removed easy.

however is this not a very bad example to people who may be learning.i know this has been covered in the past but some new posters may like to comment,or was i just fed up last night.cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

Hi Big Al,

I have watched fishing programs and Videos and you will see bad fishing practices in alot of

them.

These so called Experts? (for want of a better word)seem hell bent on showing you How they fish

and what method they use, and seem to forget about the welfare of the fish.

david :mad:

I saw the Hooked on Fishing bit and know that Loch pretty well. They weren't as far away as you'd think - even when they were sitting talking about lures. I think it was edited to make it look as if they had a long run along the bank.

Really like that Loch, in fact it has to be one of my all time favorite spots and at present it's really well run. Pike angling there is totally dependent upon good reltions with the estate and I just hope that the programme doesn't attract crowds of people making noise, getting ****, leaving litter and destroying trees. I know it's hard to believe but a lot of people behave that way and quite a few people up here say that a TV appearance has spoilt at least one other good venue.

I do know what you mean, but some of these progs are quite old, time's change.

On the whole I think that Paul young is very good with the fish handling, treats them better than some people treat their kids( If you disregard the hooking bit!!!)