new feeder rod

markyedgar

hi i am looking to invest in a new feeder rod and new reel i have seen eltons comparison site and seen two rods that i think look good and cheap.

http://www.fishtec.co.uk/online.cfm/feeder...od/40/yes/49439

that 1st 1

http://www.fishtec.co.uk/online.cfm/feeder...ds/40/yes/40563

what i want 2 know is if you would say which 1 is better and if any one knows of any good reels that will compliment them well.

thanks mark

"Hardwear" is just differently badged TFG gear. Must admit there isnt a lot to choose between rods in that price range so either should be fine.If pushed I wou;ld say Daiwa as in general Ive found their build quality a bit better than TFG's.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

"Hardwear" is just differently badged TFG gear. Must admit there isnt a lot to choose between rods in that price range so either should be fine.If pushed I wou;ld say Daiwa as in general Ive found their build quality a bit better than TFG's.

thanks i no not huge budge to spend and they may not b as good as other 1s but got to b better the waggler rod i using atm! would you know of any good reels?

Ive not actually used either rod but have seen both.I would be quite happy using either.

As for a reel.Well I have never believed in such a thing as a "good" cheap reel! Much better to get a good quality second hand one in my opinion. Take a look on Ebay for a Shimano reel of the correct size.Don't need a baitrunner so you should be able to get one for around £20. Even cheaper (and will last forever) there are always plenty of Mitchell 300's on there.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Ive not actually used either rod but have seen both.I would be quite happy using either.

As for a reel.Well I have never believed in such a thing as a "good" cheap reel! Much better to get a good quality second hand one in my opinion. Take a look on Ebay for a Shimano reel of the correct size.Don't need a baitrunner so you should be able to get one for around £20. Even cheaper (and will last forever) there are always plenty of Mitchell 300's on there.

i have never got the sizes thing with the reels... lol not sure what they mean etc.

thanks ill have a look at both reels

mark