That fish smell!

davedave

Bit of a strange question, and no jokes please, but how can you get the smell of fish off your hands?? You know when you've been fishing, you come back and you smell of that mixture of damp, mud, bait and fish slime, a pretty horrible combination!

A good shower and clean clothes gets most of it off but i always find the smell lingers on your hands for ages because of where you've picked up the fish im guessing, not ideal if your just about to go out.

I wondered if any of the experienced anglers on here had any experience of how to get it off?

I know it sounds weird but does get annoying so any advice please :)

Hi,

Alcohol gel works for me.I take it with me and clean my hands after every capture(so not often,ha ha).

In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love.

thanks for all the tips :)

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."