Amazing stereoscopic images

Andy_1984

i happened to find out about this 3d side by side image effect after looking to see if a pair of red/blue glasses i found worked (which they didnt) but more to my surprise i was truly amazed at how well this side by side effect works.

before you begin, i dont know how this will effect your eyes if doing it for long periods of times but heard on other forums people have been doing it for a very long time with no problems caused to there eyes, even one person with eye problems says it hasnt effected his eyes at all.

how it works: there are 2 images side by side, you must look between the two images and cross your eyes until you see 3 images. the 3rd image in the middle is actually the 2 images overlayed on each other.

now focus on the middle image and let your eyes settle until the middle image becomes clear. my first couple of tries was very hard to get the middle image to become clear and sometimes my eyes would reset but with practice i can now make the image become clear almost instantly and keep the focus for as long as i want and even look around the image and see specific parts in more detail without my eyes reseting so just persevere and you might get hooked as i have.

Tip: to help see the middle image bring both your hands up to cover the left and right image showing only the middle. when perfected you wont need to do this. im going to make a pair of glasses to block the 2 images at some point.

ok so heres a few images for you to practice on. the cartoon ones are a little easier but i could only find a few that were for family viewing.

the rosette one i looked at for a good 15 minutes looking at every little detail.

the forest one is also quite amazing.

if you find any that are not here please post them up they are quite hard to find really good ones

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

That's a great 3D effect Andy, the bigger ones are easier to do though.

I suspect that it's the same has the 'Magic Pictures', I always found them easy to see, but some didn't believe me.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

That's a great 3D effect Andy, the bigger ones are easier to do though.

I suspect that it's the same has the 'Magic Pictures', I always found them easy to see, but some didn't believe me.

John.

im surprised this isnt more popular, all the sites ive found regarding it are quite old. found some videos on youtube as well, a little harder to focus on the videos but once you relax and focus its quite easy to watch as though you were watching a movie naturally.

on youtube look for the "3d" button on the video player cause all the stereoscopic vids start with red/green glasses but you can change how its viewed from this "3D" button (bottom left hand side of the time skip progress bar) select the side by side option. if it doesnt have the 3D button then its a fixed 3D video

heres a really nice solar system one (go full screen on this one)

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

• 2 weeks later...

Tip: to help see the middle image bring both your hands up to cover the left and right image showing only the middle.

Don't really understand this Andy - how can you get the image if you are covering parts of it up?

Though I can get the single pixellated type of 3D images ok, still can't get the paired ones to work for me- any more tips?

are you able to go cross eyed and see a 3rd image appear in the middle?, sometimes you can go "too cross eyed" and you see 4 images. reset your eyes and try again doing it a bit slower.

if you look at the 2nd photograph i posted in the first thread (its an aerial photo) it has a white dot above each image, practice by goin cross eye and looking at the dots to make a 3rd dot. if you manage that you will catch a glimpse of the aerial photo and you should be able to then go cross eye a little bit easier as you have trained your eyes and you can figure out how to do it with ease.

if you can get as far as seeing 3 images you can bring your hands up to block out the 2 images to the left and right of the 3rd (merged) image. i know it doesnt sound right, i dont know how it works like that but it can help a little.

once i managed to get a 3rd image i was struggling to focus on it and make it clear, the tip about blocking the 2 images so only the middle one shows helped me focus on the middle one a bit easier.

try looking at the images at different distances from your screen making small adjustments to the distance till you can see it clear up.