fishing in widnes or surounding ares

ian mckay

does anyone know any good venues in widnes or the surrounding areas,,ive asked my local tackle dealer but hes an arse hole and tell you **** all,i only fish ponds or small lakes, so if u know any were whats got good security and parking facility plz let me know,,ideally i need some were,were i can park my motorbike behind me so it doesnt get nicked

help me out plz fellow anglers

ooooooooo rrrrrrrrrr ive gotta bite

Haha I know that feeling mate, my bike has been had-a-go-at a couple times by young un's.

Anyhooz,

Widnes ay.. Well there is great ponds in Runcorn, of the top my head, Sandymoor is an awesome large carp pit, dutton flashes is the same run by the same people and greenswood pond although I hear that aint too good anymore. No Idea about prices but they are only over the bridge and down the expressway!

Theres a couple ponds in Halton Hospital too, they have giant orange fish in them.

Oh yeah and there is the 'rezzy' as known locally. A nice lake that is adjacent to the bridgewater canal near castlefields. That has everything in it!

You used to be able to get day tickets too, dont know if you still can, I fish the canal all the time :) which you can do if you get bored flip your rod around 180 degrees you will be in the canal :)

Yeah grew up there and my parents still live there so I always fish there..I live in Liverpool now so im currently scouting out the fishing places round here.

If ya go up towards preston brook, do a left right after the spar down a little narrow lane, go under the M56 motorway bridge and through some bollards and on the right is a crackin spot where you can park your motorbike right behind ya, and it is kind of a nowhere place where no bailiff's go or public and plenty of room to pitch tent if you do night fishing.