cheap scales

zenith10

yuk, I hate scales with a passion. I seem to get through so many scales its unbeleivable!

Try looking on ebay for rapala digital scales. They are good, for the money, nice and accurate. Mine didnt stay accurate for very long (because Im cursed with scales - my mates are still going strong and hes had his longer than me).

Im upgrading to some avons, hopefully i can make them last longer!!

You get what you pay for with scales. Some of the cheap ones are wildly inaccurate. Don't buy T-bar scales..they're difficult to read in bad light and when the spring starts to wear, then you might just as well guess the weight

Heres some that won't break the bank.

http://www.tacklebargain.co.uk/

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Dont by the Heavy Duty Ones from tackle Bargains at 6.95 they are *****, i bought a pair and they weighed a 2 ltr bottle of lemonade three diferent weights on three attempts. Saved up and bought myself a set of these

englandangling.co.uk/displayPro...p?prodCode=REU1

no problems so far and the glow dial works well, my personal opinion is that you should spend a few quid on a decent set of scales because you never know when you will hook that record eel.

Melvin:

Dont by the Heavy Duty Ones from tackle Bargains at 6.95 they are *****, i bought a pair and they weighed a 2 ltr bottle of lemonade three diferent weights on three attempts. Saved up and bought myself a set of these

englandangling.co.uk/displayPro...p?prodCode=REU1

no problems so far and the glow dial works well, my personal opinion is that you should spend a few quid on a decent set of scales because you never know when you will hook that record eel.

With you on that one, why spend loads on rods and reels, bait etc and then scrimp on scales, Surely when you catch something you want to know they are accurate weights.