Abolishing the EA licence

Alan Fawcett

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

boris:

Do you think that we should have a rod licence for private fishiers?

Do you think the owners of them should pay something to the goverment?

a) Yes

B) They do indirectly - they pay their rates, their profits are taxed, they collect VAT etc

What is your definition of a private fishery? Aren't all fisheries private in so much as someone owns the fishing rights? Were you meaning commercial fisheries ie those that exist as busineses on a profit making basis? Should anglers require licences to fish them? The simple answer is yes because even though it's a private commercial fishery the Environment Agency has a legal responsibility and a legal obligation to provide cover for that water. If they are called out they will attend regardless of who owns it or what type of fishery it is. The fact that the owner choses not to avail himself of their other services is up to him, but the fact remains that the EA have no such choice in being responsible for the water. That's why anglers should pay. And if those anglers buying licences to fish commercial fisheries help subsidise the work the EA do on other venues then so be it. The work is too important to begrudge £21 a year!

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

OP-JB:

Try fishandfly.You can post as a guest. Be interested to see what that lot think. Thanks for taking me to task though.  See you there.

OP -JB

OP-JB

Thanks you again for the reply.

I must admit it was such a nice change to have a "disagreement" instead of a slanging match.

I may well take up the offer of fishnfly so thanks for the invite.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them