Practical Motors

Guest Duncan

Guest waterman1013

Newt

The price we pay for gas (petrol) reflects the approach to global warming and reducing CO and CO2 emmisions in the UK and Europe.

Gas is cheap, it is the tax which is high. European Governments claim to be attempting to reduce our consumption of petrol and thereby our rate of emmissions. Whatever they see it as a good way of raising revenue.

Many in Europe (and beyond) feel that the price paid for gas in the US does not reflect its environmental cost to the world.

Personally I think you are right. One of the extended cab UTEs is ideal for fishing. I just wish I could afford one.

Mike

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike Connor
Originally posted by Newt:

Rob - with all that oil in the North Sea, any idea why you folks have to pay so much for petrol?

It is running around $1 per gallon in much of the US right now.

It is very difficult to skim, and the stuff from dead birds feathers is hard to refine because of the preen oil mixed in.

TL

MC

Originally posted by Duncan:

I believe that the new vehicle comes complete with a Dalmatian proof dog guard. biggrin.gif

Seeing as neither Dalmations nor Greyhounds have a strong reputation in the inteligence stakes, I hope your dalmation learns about leaning into corners faster than my greyhound did. A year down the road and my greyhound still falls off the seat every time I apply the brakes and smacks her nose on the window every time I corner, no matter how gently & carefully I do it. She just doesn't get it frown.gif

Guest phil hackett
Originally posted by waterman1013:

Newt

The price we pay for gas (petrol) reflects the approach to global warming and reducing CO and CO2 emmisions in the UK and Europe.

Gas is cheap, it is the tax which is high. European Governments claim to be attempting to reduce our consumption of petrol and thereby our rate of emmissions. Whatever they see it as a good way of raising revenue.

Many in Europe (and beyond) feel that the price paid for gas in the US does not reflect its environmental cost to the world.

Personally I think you are right. One of the extended cab UTEs is ideal for fishing. I just wish I could afford one.

Mike

Mike I’m impressed eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

[This message has been edited by phil hackett (edited 12 February 2002).]

• 3 weeks later...

See my recent field test of the Volvo Cross Country in the Reviews section of Angler's Net. I can't imagine a better vehicle for family/fishing use than this off road version of Volvo's big estate car.

For those of us with less money to spend I can also recommend the Ford Mondeo Estate, which my wife runs. It's carrying capacity is almost identical to the Volvo Estate (in other words huge), although the floor isn't completely flat. Neither is it as fast, comfortable or as quiet as my Volvo 850 estate. However, it scores on petrol consumption and it's a lot cheaper to buy.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I used to go fishing on me pushbike.

I did'nt need 0 - 60 to get the best swim though :P

The gate across the entrance was a hinged scaffold bar two foot from the ground.

I used to turn up in the morning, and all the cars would be queued along the country lane, waiting the always ever sleeping warden to come and open it.

I would pull up on my bike, lift the bike over bar and ride off to get what I thought would be the best swim for that day.

Half an hour later all the others would come struggling along, because they had to wait for the bar to be unlocked, then they had to walk from the car park :D

Cheaper than one of those car thingies as well :D

Well for local waters anyway.....

[ 27 February 2002, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Chris Shaw ]

Chris many of us have done that sort of thing, but how many people do you think would even think of doing it nowdays

Mind you it's no where as safe these days on a bike as it used to be :(:(

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

Get a Landrover with a V8 in it. convert it to gas and your sorted. They sound nice go like stink and will get you anywhere you want to go.

And as for getting the best swim get a wading kit fitted But you may upset a few people :D

No matter what car you drive join some kind of road rescue.I broke down a mile from my fishing spot on a cannal 50 miles from home,i pushed that sucker all the way.I then had my days fishing before i phoned the AA who then draged car and myself home.

have fun on the bank

DelJ:

Chris many of us have done that sort of thing, but how many people do you think would even think of doing it nowdays

Mind you it's no where as safe these days on a bike as it used to be :(:(:(

I would because I do not own a car, never have and never will :)