Casting weight for a Hardy Fibalite No2 spinning rod.

Worms

Hi Phone:

Era? Nothing too specific :D

I bought my first Hardy Fibalite somewhere in the late 70's, followed quickly by another, the slightly heavier 'No 2': both rods are still in regular use today and have never needed either repair or refurbishment. Today, I'm still buying the Hardy Fibalite rods if possible whenever I feel the need for a new toy (that isn't a centrepin :D ) They're quite freely available at decent prices via Ebay (UK), and have usually been looked after rather than abused: I've even at times had rods arrive that appeared to be absolutely immaculate and unused, even though they were manufactured more than 20 years ago!

I suspect the most recent models I have are likely those manufactured in the late 90's ... I just really like the way they were put together by Hardy during this period, and the way the rods feel and work for me, personally.

There is also the proverbial battery of other rods too (including some Fenwicks, which are very, very nice, but with trigger grips rather than the traditional straight cork handle, mostly.

Peter,

Thanks,

Bad question on my part. E-Glass may be a trademark name owned by Finwick for their particular fiberglass rods. Not even sure you have Fenwick.

Should have asked is it fiberglass (mostly). You've pretty much answered that question.

Because I'm old I guess - I mostly use fiberglass. Not better or worse than graphite (boron, carbon, etc) - It's just what I "know" how to use.

What era are these rods? I use very inexpensive UglyStik rods. I sometimes wish they were more expensive for the prestige, but alas, they are not. $60 for top of the line. Most are in the $30 - 50 range. I just LIKE them. The rods I use for "showing off" are Fenwick - $300.00 but not any better than the UglyStik. (UglyStik is a Shakespere (sp) product. American Shakesperre (part of Berkley or Pure Fishing which I believe is different than Shakespere in the UK).

Phone

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter,

Yes, American trigger grips on my UglyStik as well (execpt a couple). Fenwick is now part of Berkley (Pure Fishing also) I haven't bought any new for at least 10-12 years. Have no idea of the quality any longer. The original Fenwick were hand built in Oregon which is salmon country.

I just "know how" to fish an UglyStik. 90% of fishing revolves around confidence (10% ego).

It's like a yoyo. I only play with Duncan.

Phone