Fluorocarbon mainline

jeremyburnside

I am mostly a River angler but this summer I did a little Carp fishing on a lake with a friend. I am planning ahead for next Spring / summer in particular for the River closed season to give me an 'edge' on the lake. I have decided to try Ultima Power Carp as a main line since I want to try the sinking abilities of Fluorocarbon, so that I have the line on the lake bed rather than up in the water spooking the fish. I have chosen Ultima because it a hybrid line without the disadvantages of pure fluorocarbon. The Carp are about 10 lbs.

My question is what should I use as a hooklength?

The same as the main line or is there a better fluorocarbon hooklength?

Mono?

Braid?

I am mostly a River angler but this summer I did a little Carp fishing on a lake with a friend. I am planning ahead for next Spring / summer in particular for the River closed season to give me an 'edge' on the lake. I have decided to try Ultima Power Carp as a main line since I want to try the sinking abilities of Fluorocarbon, so that I have the line on the lake bed rather than up in the water spooking the fish. I have chosen Ultima because it a hybrid line without the disadvantages of pure fluorocarbon. The Carp are about 10 lbs.

My question is what should I use as a hooklength?

The same as the main line or is there a better fluorocarbon hooklength?

Mono?

Braid?

Fox illusion is a great hooklength material I find. I used to use it a lot when carping and have now carried it over to some of my river barbel hunting sessions. Worth a look.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

The simple and unhelpful answer ( :rolleyes: ) is that you can use any type of hooklength with a flurocarbon mainline, just like with a mono mainline.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music