what fish

Rooney

My own favs - Summer, Crucians - infuriatingly finicky at times but get a big un is like a slab of gold. Tench - the epitome of summer. Early, misty mornings, a red tipped float, tiny bubbles appearing on the surface, that first shiver of the float before it disappears - magic!!

Autumn - barbel - although I'be probably fished for them all summer too September/October are THE months I associate with this prince of the river - always a challenge and terrific fighters. Especially in a hard current.

Winter: Got to be grayling - extremely hard fighting - have a peculiar knack of twisting like fury in the current and a big fish is a joy to behold.

All year round: Chub - always obliging and often the saviour on a blank day - the one species I catch during every month of a typical season.

Also enjoy catch dace and roach at any time too!

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by me:

Diamond Geezer that's a bit harsh! how was he supposed to know it's yours he's quite new.

I realised that .. that's why, if you care to read my post carefully, I said I realise you weren't to know

All in the best passible taste

prynhawn da!

noswaith dda!

[ 23. February 2004, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

quote:
Originally posted by me (from Wales):

how do you add an avatar of your own to this website?

Easy-peasy .... find or make an image 48 by 48 pixels ... email it to the Guv'nor (Elton) and he'll add it to the avatar list

Here's one I made earlier, just for you! Posted Image

iechyd da

DG :cool:

[ 24. February 2004, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

• 2 weeks later...