Whipping Against the Set

far bank stalker

am going to refurb' my cane rod in the next month or so and was wondering weather or not to re whip it against the set. the set is only in the final 4'' of the tip section, a slight droop as you'd expect in a 60 yr old rod. i've heard that the weight of the guides will re set the tip straight

i have taken a set and twist out of a milward floatrover very effectively with my girlfriends hairdryer, but i made it worse twice before i made it right and if i can avoid it i will!

Give a man a fish and he will live for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will live forever

am going to refurb' my cane rod in the next month or so and was wondering weather or not to re whip it against the set. the set is only in the final 4'' of the tip section, a slight droop as you'd expect in a 60 yr old rod. i've heard that the weight of the guides will re set the tip straight

i have taken a set and twist out of a milward floatrover very effectively with my girlfriends hairdryer, but i made it worse twice before i made it right and if i can avoid it i will!

Remove varnish/shellac and steam over the spout of a boiling kettle. Bend the opposite way to the set and the worst of sets can be removed even from hefty whole cane butt sections!

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Remove varnish/shellac and steam over the spout of a boiling kettle. Bend the opposite way to the set and the worst of sets can be removed even from hefty whole cane butt sections!

changing the subject slightly, I had a fibregalss tench rod that developed a 'set' quite randomly. I never worked out why but it never went away - until it was nicked that is. Why would a set develop in fibreglass, and if I ever experience this again - unlikely to be honest - how does one remove it?

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."