Carp Fishing In France

vinchenzo

Afternoon all,

Have been looking at various resorts in France for some serious carp fishing however, all look and sound great but are conflicted with bad reviews on google search.

Could anyone from experience or valued recommendations help me out. I'm looking too book an enjoyable long weekend sometime next year?

Thanks everyone

Vin

Afternoon all,

Have been looking at various resorts in France for some serious carp fishing however, all look and sound great but are conflicted with bad reviews on google search.

Could anyone from experience or valued recommendations help me out. I'm looking too book an enjoyable long weekend sometime next year?

Thanks everyone

Vin

You're always going to find good and bad reports, its all somebodies personal opinion. When most people write a cheque to go fishing in France they think they're paying to catch, when they're not, they're paying for a chance to catch. Every venue will have hard/bad weeks, maybe the fish are spawning, maybe there has been a sudden clod snap. Maybe the fellas that wrote the report are not good anglers

My advice would be to know your limits and select a venue that fits you. If you're not massively experinced then don't choose a big fish water, a runs water might be better. If you're after big fish then don't select a venue with 1 50lb+ fish, select one with a good stock of big fish. If you're not a big caster than maybe a smaller lake will be better.

Afternoon all,

Thanks everyone

Vin

The problem you have is most good venues do not do long weekends in the season so you are looking at early and late season.

The problem you have is most good venues do not do long weekends in the season so you are looking at early and late season.

I would probably say that all good venues don't do long w/e's, not in the height of the season.

Rob.

I would probably say that all good venues don't do long w/e's, not in the height of the season.

Rob.

Cant agree with you there Rob as we run a good venue and do long weekends in the high season due to the fact we are near Le Mans and close our lakes a week before and the weeks after arace event as we take in campers going to the events. We then take in long weekends anglers the weekend before the race. 2011 events are in May, June, Sept

John