How did you learn how to fish?

Jamie Thornton

Still learning been fishing for a couple of month's now and love it!!

Wish my wife thought the same!!

She is off to visit her dad in a week or so sow ill be away for a week so you can guess what I am gonna be doing every night

I too was given Mr. Crabtree when I was quite young. Walked miles of river bank looking for a swim like the one depicted in the first "story" Fishing in Winter. A huge near bank eddy full of chub, roach and bream. Never found it!

Then I started to go with some school friends who fished Watford's River Gade in the summer evenings. A roach was a great prize, as were perch. We mostly caught gudgeon and minnows.

We graduated to the Rickmansworth Aquadrome, but, without guidance from adults, didn't have too many red-letter days.

The best thing I did was to join a club and watch and learn. Still doing that!

I had not been fishing since my schooldays, my son asked me to take him and his friends fishing one day. After watching him and trying to teach him I decieded to buy some tackle for both of us. We visited the Thames on several occasions and found that I needed teaching myself. We started going with a mate of mine who taught us lots. Not so long ago I went and stayed with Ian Heaps and completed his one week School of Angling in Wales, now that is a true Master. He taught me so much that I will have to go again as I had never heard of the half the things he showed me. It was well worth it and such a laugh for the whole week. Has anyone else fished there ?