advice on poles

chris larkins

i am about to buy for my sons and i a 12.5mtr/13mtr pole 16 to 20 elastic around £200 has anyone some good advice on makes and models.also any other articles we should have rollers etc

we are complete novices so need help

thanks in advance

chris L :):)

hi chris

the pole i use is now not made, but its very good, up to 11m(its actualy 12.5 but it becomes a bit sloppy at this lenth), takes upto 18 elastic, dam golden carp, you can pick them up for about £190(£400 rrp).

but a new pole from maver "the grim reaper" is great value for money . 1 spare top 3 kit plus 1/2 extention to 13m. Awesome!!. Elastic rating up to no18. Free elastic pack too really nice, i had a play with one at the nec, very nice, if you hunt around you may get it cheaper.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

I was thinking about buying another pole just for the close season carp bagging as I get scared when I hook into anything decent on my 8151.(snapped another section on Monday night :mad: )

The Maver grim reaper was the one that stood out, although I've not used one they do seem good value.

Chris, if you want the basics in a nutshell then Bob Nudds guide to polefishing is definately worth buying.

ATB.HB.

Chris,

At the moment Angling Centre,Derby are doing a deal on the Grim Reaper 12.5m including a spare top 3 and half extension.Both top 3's elasticated (no8 & no12),clean cap system, 4 Preston rigs,clip on pole pots and a Pole Roller for a price of £249.99p.

Their phone no is 01332 380605.

This should give you a starting point. :)

Peter.

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

thanks a bunch you lot i had short listed the grim reaper, you have helped me make up my mind. i have ordered one from chapman angling, really helpfull chap took my order gave sound advice would recommend the company :) even better news my wife has said she will pay for it :):):)

i must be doing something right.

chris L

[ 19 April 2002, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: chris larkins ]

Hi there,

obviously you are sorted out now, all I would add is; make sure you learn to use the pole correctly. There are lots of bargains out there, but people try to use poles in ways that are not intended. Build up gradually to heavy carp fishing and remember to let the elastic do the work, keep the pole low to the water when playing fish. Most pole breakages are due to heavy handed useage, so take it steady and enjoy the experience of playing fish on the pole, it's not a race!

Steve

The Mahseer Trust, working for one of the world's iconic fish and the rivers they live in

www.mahseertrust.org

Fishery info for the Westcountry:
www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
check out
www.v2vangling.co.uk