Pole Fishing Question

Roland

Me again,

I've had quite some success on the pol;e and have really got into it. I've just got a couple of shotting questions and a general question.

Recently, It has been very windy giving a very hard tow on the water. This has been blowing my rig all over the place, spoiling presentation. What sort of shotting pattern if any can prevent my rig going sideways?

Getting towards the hook length, should I be using small dropper shot ? Normally I will just bulk the shotting capacity 1/3 up from the hook

Lastly, I fished last week to an island on a match lake. Plumbing up led me to believe that I was fishing on a steep slope. Is it ok to fish on a slope? or would I be more prosperous finding th ebottom of the slope and fishing there? When I fished the slope I had plenty of bites but not many fish!

For the majority of pole situations a bulk with two or three small droppers is the normal - it all depends on species and how they are feeding.

To stop your rig blowing about use a heavier float, use a longer length of line between pole tip and float and finally use a shot (anything between a no6 to an AA) about halfway along the length of line between pole tip and float - you then try to hold this just under the surface using the pole (as it will sink the float if not supported) - this will stop the line blowing around or catching in the surface skim.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!