Help!

mkj

Can anyone help with this problem.

I need to send a fishing pole to a friend in North Yorkshire. Its lenght is 2.2 mtrs and the weight around 2 Kg.I went to my local main post office and they don't deliver items over 1.5 mtrs.

I've tried a courier company who quoted me £60 to deliver and £15 because of the weight a total of £75. :mad: No wonder these companies are going down under with their prices.

Anyone got any ideas.

mkj:

I need to send a fishing pole to a friend in North Yorkshire. Its lenght is 2.2 mtrs and the weight around 2 Kg.I went to my local main post office and they don't deliver items over 1.5 mtrs.

I've tried a courier company who quoted me £60 to deliver and £15 because of the weight a total of £75. :mad: No wonder these companies are going down under with their prices.

Anyone got any ideas.

Probably cheaper to drive up there yourself and, if you put an advert in the local press, you might get a paying passenger.

Jim Roper

http://www.searchlineuk.com/FishList.htm

http://www.thisisdorset.net

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

mkj:

Was this Parcel post or normal post via Royal Mail? There is a difference!

Who do you think delivers rods sent from the likes of Bennetts or other mail order spots?

Go back to your PO and say you wish to send it Parcel Post.

--

Mick

This was a problem I had when I first started building rods. Some Post Offices will accept longer lengths, although they may have to consult their superiors. Apparently the problem is fitting them into the smaller vans that are used on some routes. This applies to parcel post as well, even though this is now contracted out.

Parcel firms vary in their rates, but what you've been quoted is a stupid price. Even for a one-off you shouldn't have to pay more than £15 at the very outside. What you've been quoted is more a courier rate. I'd try one or two other firms. Look in Yellow Pages under Delivery & Collection.

Failing that, see if a friendly local business which uses such delivery firms will include it with their parcels.

[ 14. August 2002, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Steve Burke ]

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Try either omega or business post they will charge you about 12 quid and that will be next day delivery. Parcel force will be about 12 quid for standard 3 day service and their insurance cover is crap

Paul

I sent a pole to the states via airmail & it only cost me £11 as a small package it was 3ft long & weighed 2lb all i did was go into the local post office & ask how much to send this?

They did the rest, so i'd give that a try.

When i checked the prices on the net prior to sending it parcelforce wanted £35 i mentioned this to one of their drivers (they use our fuel station to fill up) he told me that the post office would only send it to parcelforces base in Wolverhampton anyway???? so how the hell can they justify charging £35 to do what the post office only want £11 for?? :mad:

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them