Mally

Alan Branson

Hi Mally

I've just read your diary & was wondering what part of the Bain you were fishing, i used to fish the river a lot but i hav'nt been lately.

Also as you fish the Trent a lot i was wondering if you knew anything about the power station stretch around East Stoke as we've got a match there on sunday.

regards Alan.

P.S. the diary is excellent. :D

Hi alan,

Thanks for the comments on the diary, its nice when people comment :D

I fishe the bain a bit downstream from horncastle, i dont know if its a proper stretch, as in i dont know if its run by anyone cos there are no signs up but there is a public footpath along the side of it, ive nevr seen anyone when ive been there though,

As for the trent ive no idea about east stoke, ive never fished there, i mainly fish between dunham and winthorpe, but when i fish the trent i usually fish a maggott with maggotts feeder halfway across re-casting about every 10-15 minutes too keep the bait going in, if there are fish in front of you you shouldn't go far wrong with that, i usually feed a stick float line too.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

mally

Hi Mally

The match was ok no big fish caught.

I think i sat on the feeder too long, it was'nt really producing enough bites & the guys who changed over to the waggler earlier caught more of the small stuff. the match was won with 7lbs of bits i came nowhere with 2lbs 7oz :rolleyes:

Still it seems a good stretch worth another go sometime :D

I'm going out again sometime this week i think i might have a look at the Bain.

regards Alan