Berkley Invisible

Rogerb

I am thinking of using 8lb Berkley Invisible for my Hook Length but I understand that I can only use certain knots with it. Can anyone tell me if I can still use a Hair Rig then?

Thanks.

Roger.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen any line that wouldn't hold nicely with a knotless knot. And that for sure includes some of the slicker "super lines" that won't hold with many conventional knots.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

RogerB,

I am not sure what Berkley Invisible is myself. In the US that is not a brand name of Berkley, Purefishing.

If you mean there new mono it is Iron Silk and works well with knotless knot. If you mean one of the several flurocarbon lines I do not have personal experience and would listen to Newt.

If you mean any of a number of Berkley braided lines again I would listen to others, I use only mono.

Phone

Sorry folk’s Tim is right its called Vanish :P

I don’t have the box because I am only am only considering it.

The trouble is that I recall reading some fairly critical reviews when it is used as mainline but that it was excellent as a hook length. In those reviews IIRC there was mention that only one knot could be used. I can't remember what it was and am hoping that someone here may have first hand experience. My main knots are tying a hair, tying to swivels and tying to form a loop.

Is Vanish OK with them?

Cheers.

Roger.

If you want a fluorocarbon hook length why not use one of the ones sold to trout fishers for leaders? Vanish has a bit of an iffy reputation and I believe it if a dipped mono rather than a true fluoro. I don't know many brands sold to fly fishers, but I seem to remember Grand Max being one. At least it will be available in shorter lengths so you can try it out. You can even test your own knots!

Tim

"Thanks but maybe you have never seen Berkley Invisible!!"

Of course he hasn't, it's invisible!!

Actually, I've come to the conclusion that all such lines are wiry cak, and I've binned all mine.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.