Elasticating My Whip........... Again

Craig Robins

Craig, take the tip section to the tackle shop and try to match the size of bush you need. Go for an internal one the next size up if you have to and then very carefully scrape it down to fit.

I have yet to find a glue that sticks to PTFE, in fact almost NOTHING sticks to PTFE, what you want is a nice firm fit.

May also be an advantage to put a few turns of whipping on the tip to "tighten" it.

A further thought, it may well be that you can find an external bush that is the right size, if so, buy it!!

All of this will be of use to you as you progress thro your fishing.

Den

[ 10. November 2002, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Craig,

For future reference, you must cut the tip back a little at a time, only an inch or two and constantly testing the bush to check. To move on from here, most good tackle shops will sell bushes of different sizes, so take your existing bush into the shop and try to match it with the ones on the shelf. The Drennan extra long internals are excellent. After finding one of a similar size, you can then move up a couple of sizes, but remember that you need one that the elastic can easily run through. Most elastication packs have bushes that are too tight a fit for the elastic and you will soon get problems when you are fishing.

I know you have very little money to play with, but it may be worth saving some to pay a tackle dealer now, as the last thing you need is to end up completely frustrated and wasting the money you have already spent.

Steve

The Mahseer Trust, working for one of the world's iconic fish and the rivers they live in

www.mahseertrust.org

Fishery info for the Westcountry:
www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
check out
www.v2vangling.co.uk

• 3 months later...