small merky farm pond?

cookus

Cookus mate

When you say

""what i cant believe is that a bloke caught what he said was a least a 10lber out of it""

you're right

you can't believe it!

Come on! It's fishermen and size of fish we're talking about here!

Have you ever had someone say, "Yep, it's a cr@p lill old pond and there's nowt in it" ? unless they don't want you to fish it!

Diamond G :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cookus,

Try simple Lob worms and float. There's not a fish that swims that won't take them, apart from that, nature will have been doing your pre-baiting for you. If there are carp there, be prepared for a major battle. Quite often, the fish will be "wildies" which go a lot faster than the carp which most fish for. You may also find good sixed perch are there, so worms will help that as well.

The other bait option is sweetcorn. It may help to drop a bit in before you fish, perhaps a day or so before, but it's pretty instant and very visible. Don't be fooled by the murkiness of the water, Carp and most other fish are smell feeders, so the water can get very murky before they don't feed.

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

Hi Cookus,

dont be put off by the size of the pond

a few years ago when my nephew moved to

Rochdale, just off Whitworth Road, I went

to see them, Whilst I was their he said

that he went fishing in a small pond at

the back of his road & took me to see it

just as we got round the corner to the

pond, this lad of no more than 10yrs old

was struggling to land this carp ( Mirror )

we give him a lift to land it ( the water

was 2ft below the bank ) no scales but it

looked and felt about 10lbs so,try your luck

you just never know.

david

I've seen a 22lb carp come out of a water no more than 15 yards in diameter! If the food is there than there's no reason for the carp not to grow big.

As for fishing it, then stealth will be important - keep off the skyline and be as quiet as you can. As for bait, you won't go far wrong dropping a nice juicy worm in the most fishy looking spots, either freelined or on a float. A bit of bread on the surface might also be worth a try.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

yeah fished it for a bit last night and caught alot of small crucian but no big ones

the trouble was i couldnt get past the little ones

i thought a big bait like a lobworm might get a big fish

i then put 1 on and after a few minutes the flot was moving to the left a few feet then moving back to the right

didnt no what was going on.

Sounds like Tench to me :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic