breamwaters

riverlover

Well, you could try pennington flash near leigh, just off the east lancs road, i'm told there are pretty big slabs in there though I've not fished it myself.

cheers.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Some of the meres in and around the Shropshire/Cheshire/Staffordshire borders have some monster slabs. The record was held for quite a few years by Anthony Bromley from a 'Staffordshire' mere. I've also heard rumours of some very big bream coming out of some of the meres around Ellesmere (Colemere certainly but most of the reports were very vague).

Of course that nice Mr Dragonbat is in your neck of the woods and certainly has his ear to the ground and fingers in many pies. I'm sure he'l be along presently, but inthe meantime his site is here :)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.