River Dove

Norfolkdan

sounds like trout to me! when you say private do you mean owned by someone you know, or owned by a club, if it's a club or syndicate water, it'll almost certainly be fly only

(you'll be about 3 miles from me)

It's a holiday home, and through the garden is a stretch of the river.

Not owned by a club, just the owner of the house, so it'll sort of be owned by us for the week.

Do you think it would be just brownies then?

Thanks for your help

Dan

i'm sure there would be other bit's and pieces in there, but the dove, especially round hartington is know for it's trout (ever read the compleat angler?), if you're not into fly fishing take a very light spinning rod and some mepps (with the barbs filed down) and you'll have a laugh!

just don't go mad with taking fish, but you knew that already didn't you

not sure about the brownie season actually, it's been a while since spent much time fishing for them

[ 14. August 2005, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: jeepster ]

I'd never eat trout mate. Only ever take the odd fish and they'd be a sea fish, so no worries there.

Will get a few small spinners then, sounds like could be in for a bit of fun.

Do they go to any size, and would I need a wire trace (is there pike in there?)

Thanks again

Dan

why not eat trout? a brownie from a river would be one the finest eating fish for me, just the one though :)

they don't run to any real size, and i wouldn't say you'd need a trace, maybe take a couple, incase any pike make an appearance, but i've never known them coming out there.

if croix is reading, he may know more than me about that? are you out there croix???

you ever had a trout from a river like the dove? fast, clean and clear, no earthy taste there.

we're not talking stockies from a pond

if you need to know anything else, just ask