ADVICE ON NIGHT FISHING

Clayton

HELLO THERE,

ME AND MY MATE ARE GOING NIGHT FISHING TOMMOROW NIGHT AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAD ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TACKLE TO USE, SOME VITAL EQUIPMENT ETC. P.S I AM FISHING A RIVER....

I REALLY DON'T HAVE A CLUEW SO ANY TIPS WOULD COME IN EXTREMELY USEFUL.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glow in the drak floats....never seen or heard of them before!!!...i was planning on seetin up a leger(quivertip) or if i get realy tired whack my feedre rod out with a bunch of worms on the hook. we havn't got a bivvie or anything to sleep in.... bwcause we were plannin on fishing all night... but apparently its realy hard work and the fish bite very slowly??? is this correct?

I would suggest unless your a relatively experienced angler you'd be better off fishing during daylight hours its far easier and kinder to any fish you do catch (unhooking problems etc) not to mention the fact that you dont know which direction there running :D I know ive been there :o:o:o

Bream are well know for feeding better at night, while some other species can tend to go dormant untill dawn.

starlights are usefull for night fishing

heres a picture of them

Posted Image

so are these headlamps or simmilar

Posted Image

Hi there

I would be inclined to take a tent or something like that, you will need it this time of year as it gets cold, something to sleep on as well as a sleeping bag as you can lose a lot of heat to the earth. some way of having a brew is always a good idea and plenty of warm clothing. Thats the essentials for me any road.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Fishing allnight needs a bit more preparation but fishing a couple of hours into darkness this time of year can be very productive on rivers.

Set up in light and get the starlight attached and glowing. These last for hours so you might aswell strike it up early so full power is there when you need it.

Get yourself comfortable with everything at hand. Don't leave loads of gear laying around. Try and keep things simple.

One tip rod with starlight is great fun. You need a headlight and back up torch. Don't try and light up whole bank with tillys etc. you will spook fish for miles unless you are in town area. Too much light makes it difficult to see whats important.

john

ps now nights are pulling in you can have a good evenings fishing and still get to pub before they shut

Clayton don't take offence but you sound as though you are taking the mickey, you would be better of researching the subject a bit better before you ask silly questions. There is gonna be a frost tomorrow night (Fri)You will be better of choosing a night this time of year in mider conditions, besides that you said you dont have a clue, (or cluew :D ) Better you dig around a bit more for tactics and gear,night time fishing especially on a river bank can be dangerous. Common sense would be the peice of vital equipment you should be looking for.

Best of luck..