Spinning for Perch.

Comus

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on casting weights for spinning rods please.

I am looking at the Svendsen Sports superior rods on the tackleshop.co.uk site recommended in another post. They come in various lengths and casting weights. I hope to fish for perch with chubby shads and lures. What length and weights should I go for. Their will also be pike in the waters I fish.

Thanks,

Comus

As Peter says,,the above will do nicely,but try shopping around for the best price before you part with your money,only a few months ago i purchased a well known branded rod and reel set-up off E.bay for only 20quid!!!,,most shops sell the rod for nearly 60quid!! and the reel for 40quid!!.

"Dont **** in the pool,and then tell me you"ve swallowed some water".

Where you spinning comus,fancy a 4.5lb perch try Mull of Galloway,Whitefield loch - try a google search!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Sadly Snatcher,

There are very few places in the UK further from the Mull of Galloway than Folkestone in Kent. I was thinking more of a commercial water in Ashford. 4.5lbs!!!!!! I'd settle for a 2lber this season. We can all dream.

Try putting Deepinvader into the sellers search on Ebay. I've bought a few bits and pieces from this chap and you won't go far wrong.

He sometimes has other stuff in stock too. You can only ask.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Im fishing Whitefield loch in late March. Had a look at it at Christmas (visiting parents and didnt have my rods). Liked the look of it, was going to go for a pike session but now it looks like its going to be a perch day.

As for the original question I agree with Peter and what Simon says. Recently bought some gear off ebay and saved myself nearly £100!!