Fishing In St. Helens

Elton

I received this by email. If you can help, please add your reply to this thread:

im very new to st helens iv just moved down here to live with my partner and i am a very keen fisher man i love fishing could u help me please and tell me were i can fish here and is there any places in st helens were they do free fishing as i like to fish every day and its a lot of money if i have to buy tickets everyday hope you can help me thank you

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I received this by email. If you can help, please add your reply to this thread:

If you are looking for canal fishing theres good stretches behind the old pilkingtons glass site, a couple of stillwaters around too, one up at Thatto Heath and a big reservoir at Carr Mill dam alongside the A580 East Lancs. If you go up that way nip into Leigh Tackle and Bait they have a new shop not far from the A580 at chain lane shopping centre WA11 9HB. They will tell you all you need to know regards fishing in the area.

I can recommend Newton le Willows angling assoc who have some great waters not too far from you near Earlestown, Haydock and Sankey Valley. The ticket isn't too expensive and offers great variety of fishing.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

There's a couple of decent club cards in the area, as well as Newton mentioned above St. Helens AA have some decent waters on their card including some good river fishing. Carr Mill Dam is on this ticket.

There's also St Helens Ramblers AC and Pilkingtons AC in the area.

There's a few tackle shops as well including Eccleston Angling Centre on Knowsley Road and Prescot Angling Centre in Prescot. Ask in there regarding the sort of fishing you're looking for and you won't go far wrong.