Naming fish, mainly carp.

Guest Gaffer

Guest Chris Shaw
Originally posted by Paul Selman:

Budgie and Chris.

What would you think of a fellow who strummed his guitar and sung loudly whilst carp fishing, lit fires, caught wildlife and roasted them on his fire by the lake, and washed it down loudly with copious amounts of alcohol?

Who also is heavily involved in the tackle trade, receiving regular income from it?

You wouldn't like him would you?

Dick Walker...just another crap yob! biggrin.gif

Let's get it right!!!

I was going to reply to this in a rather long winded way but I cannot be bothered, It seems the mighty carp gods are angry again.

------------------

Chris Shaw

Guest Chris Shaw
Originally posted by BUDGIE:

Blasphemey!Let the record note that you said it Paul not me! wink.gif

Tis true the man speaketh with twisted toungue me thinks.

Tis done let the records show it for all time smile.gif

Guest **sam**

budgie, in my dads lake, horton boat pool, they have *really* origional names. most, if not all have been tatooed on stocking, so they are named '8 dot right pec' and '4 dot left pec' etc. the one everyone is after is plain '8 dot'. most definately 45 plus at the moment.

i found a really old picture of one of the claydon ghosties the other day. as well as *those* mary pictures. elton, more about those soon.

a friend of leroy wyants is a friend of mine!

atb

**sam**

Yes Paul it is true.I think you are missing the point though mate! Attitude is every thing. Never having met Dick Walker I couldn't possibley comment on his attitude could I? Mind you he did have some very strange opinions on Pike wink.gif

Guest Paul Selman

Budgie, to me carp fishing is about enjoying yourself.

I like a drink and a laugh and I only take carp fishing semi-seriously. However, I have great regard for other lake users and do my best to make sure what I do does not interfere with their enjoyment on whatever basis they do.

I still think the vast majority share that view. You may have encountered some louts, I never have, but then I don't tend to fish busy day ticket carp waters.

What I don't like mate, is this 'lumping us' all together. In the days whe I pike fished and barbel fished, I also came across a tiny minority of yobs. A tiny minority.

I enjoy your posts, and the odd skirmish between us. It is meant by me in good humour. I respect you greatly. It is just sometimes this crap yobs things shows no respect for me or others who are doing our best to make the whole sport appeal to youngsters and beginners in the correct way.

I'm just asking you to retire the phrase, gently, that's all..

But I'll keep leaping out of the pram until you do...

As for Chris, well.....I miss you, Chris.

Guest **sam**

the tagging of the fish and the identification marks make it easy to tell the difference. what im worried about, being in the electronics industry, is transmitters fitted to them, similar to tagging otters etc. that will *definately* take the fun out of location.

check on your wap phone where the fish are before you unpack the car. scary!

hope i havent given anyone any ideas!

**sam**

Guest Nightwing

Well said Chris and Budgie. While I have nothing against the naming of fish, at least in theory. However, the attitude that seems to evolve along with the practice, I can certainly do without. Thankfully, that practice has not yet developed here in N.A.

Indeed, it would likely prove difficult, as most of our waters are so loaded with fish that you almost never catch the same one twice.