which float rod?

numes

hi ,

im currently looking at buying a new float rod and possibly a reel aswell.

the one ive heard good things about is the 13 foot middy mi2 (£50) ,but would this be man enough to handle the occasionnal double figure carp aswell as smaller silver fishing?

was thinking about getting a shimano nexave to go along with it which ive seen for 24 quid.

would this be a decent setup or could i better spend my £75 ?

any advice appreciated

thanks , paul

Abu Esprit float rod is an excellent rod. Bought one a while back and it is a joy to use both on the river and on the commercials. Got mine when they first came out and payed about £80, now you can pick them up for under £60. As for the reel there are plenty of good reels to choose from and Shimano have a great range. I have a Middy IM feeder rod and am pleased with this, even more so when I had one of the quivers break and returned it to Middy. They promptly replaced it with no questions asked and very promptly to.

Paul

I've got an ABU Enticer Float rod. It cost me about £25 or thereabouts and it does the job beautifully.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

AT have just reviewed a Leeda 13' float rod with reel plus a 12' feeder rod with reel (and tubes and holdall) for only £79 - got a good review, too. Just how cheap can reasonable quality tackle get??

thanks for the replies so far guys very helpful .

mrmatthew, just checked out the review in IYCF of the leeda reel and it does sound very good ,whereabouts did you find the leeda rod/reel deal (£59)? was it online or in a tackle shop.

ive been a bit wary of leeda stuff as the only thing ive bought from them was a bite alarm (emergency buy from argos) and it was the most annoyingly crap alarm in the world ,it would go from really really quiet to REALLY BLOODY LOUD at just the slightest of touch of the dial.

ta