How about a get together?

Guest Gaffer

Guest Gaffer

Hi all, so far then, we could go to,

1.Bluebell at Tansor, nr Oundle, which has lakes and river. (any more details Elton?)

2.Emberton Park, nr Olney, (between N,hampton and Bedford) which has a coarse lake, course/carp lake, coarse/pike lake and the Ouse.

Emberton also has a cafe and toilets on site, plus you can bivvy up and park next to your swim.

3.Trevors 'Crazy Idea'.

4.My local mixed 3.5 acre lake with a local pub.

What do you all think?

All the best,

Gaffer.

Guest The Gimp

Might be up for it if that's OK. I'm not as much of a gimp as it might seem. Emberton is nice - has a fruitless but interesting day at the weirpool last week - lots of chub and er carp too.

Guest Gordon Scott

Yeah, I should think I'm up for it - dates permitting. Emberton sounds good, something for everyone - any barbel in the river thereabouts? My only fear is how much fishing are we likely to done once we've finished talking??

Gordon

Guest **sam**

barbel and rivers aside, im up for it!

missed elton at the wraysbury 2 do, so it will be good to catch up!

im in oxford, anywhere between there and the m25 is good for me.

**kingsmead sam**

Guest Alan Taylor

love to Gaffer as we seem to agree on so much but strapped is strapped or is it brastic where you live.

Good idea and I hope it comes off for you all.

If you want to do it in Holland, it's 90pence a day up to a stagering 10pounds for 4 rods or join the club for 30 quid.

Good luck

Depressed Alan(nl)

Originally posted by Gaffer:

Hi all, I live quite central in the UK, South Northamptonshire, between the M1 and M40.

I could organise a sort of fish in/get together.

Unfortunatly I don't have access to free fishing, but can arrange a day ticket still water containing a good mix of fish.

Although we all like to fish, I thought it would be good to get together and to put names to faces and have a good chat.

Who's interested and when would be a good date/time? (ie a particular weekend in Sept perhaps)

All the best,

Gaffer.

Guest Ian Cresswell
Originally posted by **sam**:

missed elton at the wraysbury 2 do, so it will be good to catch up!

Elton & catch in the same sentence. Now there's a first! smile.gif

Tight pots and kettles,

Ian.

[This message has been edited by Ian Cresswell (edited 08 August 2000).]

Guest Steve Randles

I'm up for Emberton.

I,ve been there and the lake looks fine smile.gif

Parking next to the swim, none of the long walking like at Wingham , eh Lyn!

Mind you, the walk was worth it for me smile.gif

Er ...please bring cameras as mine is unreliable... frown.gif

Tight Lines

Sreve Randles

Guest Bob of Cov

About the get together if you give me notice i may be able to get you a part of the Avon at Barford for a couple of quid per peg but i must have notice so we can go and cut the reeds down first

Guest Milton Ernie
Originally posted by The Gimp:

Might be up for it if that's OK.  I'm not as much of a gimp as it might seem.  Emberton is nice - has a fruitless but interesting day at the weirpool last week - lots of chub and er carp too.

Fruitless! what about the specimen roach, minnows and gudgeon?

Emberton is a good idea, you never know what you're gonna catch in that weirpool.

M.E.

Guest martin allen

If it's got a weir pool, I'm there dude. A pub would be a real bonus too! Not that I drink, it's for the food.