3 hours fishing, 3 venues and 3 predators!

Houseplant

Today's Report - 20/07/05

Don't want to go on, I'll stop if requested, but it keeps getting better and I can't believe it!

3lb pike

2lb zander

6lb zander :):):)

0.25lb zander

(Weights are approximate)

All caught within a couple of hours fishing on a Storm softbait, zander hooked in a very short space of time just after sunset.

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

well done again fella i havent got my zed yet,i'm using baits tho,3 nights and nothing but pike ambushing my lives,tryed for them on lures but its hard work in 19ft of water!

try get some photos fella.

congrats on the chub,i'm targetting them to on lures.

sounds like youve fallen for the preds, big time!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Hi Ratty. Photos are a good idea, maybe I'll take a snap or two on my mobile, difficult though as I fish alone.

I dabble at everything, but pike fishing on rivers is really my thing. Looks like zander are gonna become my thing too.

Tonight has also convinced me about softbaits. Should think they'd be pefect for fishing deep since you can stay in contact with the bottom most of the time without too much fear of snagging up.

take a snap on a unhooking mat or soft grass,may have probs uploading mobile pics.

me too,i love my river piking,theres nothing better!

i have been using chubby shads,still snag up!.place i fish is littered with snags,may mate has had one on a crankbait tho,theres hope yet!

doing sunday night might go and play with the lures,saturday evening.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

sipadan, i really am jealous, I had my first zeds on the canal at leamington, I was ledgering lobbies in one of the boat turning points, the bites took the rod off the rest, and that was from a 4 oz baby.

there are some good eels in the canal and the river which should help your predator tally rize further.

a dead bait approach may bring out some of the bigger girls and larger zeds, 12 years ago there were quite a few pike over 20lb (not that I had them but I saw them weighed and returned). Not sure how big the zeds will be, but we were catching 2 - 3lb fish 12 years ago so they must have put on some weight since then.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Thing about the zeds is that they're all absolutely perfect, not a scale out of place or a torn fin, whereas most of the pike look a bit ropey. In fact, all of the really small pike have bite marks on them. Wonder if the zeds are eating them?

Should add that all the fish from the last two trips have come out the river, not the canal.

Hmmm, eel on a lure, that would be interesting!

[ 21. July 2005, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Sipadan ]

Here's a piccy!

Not a zed, but a jack taken from the Leam yesterday (21/07/05). I also had a few perch up to about a pound. Since I had something planned for the evening, I fished 4 - 6pm, guess this explains the lack of zed action.

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/River%2...Leam%20Pike.jpg

Photo was taken on my mobile, hence the quality.

[ 22. July 2005, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Sipadan ]