June 16th

Leon Roskilly

Not in to lakes myself so taking the day off work. Was going to occupy my normal stretch of the medway, but have decided to walk the club stretch with my new travel rod. Might visit a pub or two on route.

Car packed - not sure if I will make sandwiches now or first thing... I still hope to get in somewhere along the Hartlake stretch but I can't get there until about 08:00.

/\/\ick

I just love the River Medway!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rabbit

Quite a difference weather wise from last season, the river Severn was bank high last year on opening day, and less than a week later it was in the houses in Tewkesbury, Will get a couple of early morning hours in and then work a few hours and back again in the evening.

Hoping I and you all have a cracking season on the rivers, HERE WE GO :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Went down my stretch of the Avon on Saturday and it looks great, water moving through slowly and good clarity but best of all reeds & pads all up so plenty of places for the perch & pike to hang out.

If I can I'm going to try and get down there on Wednesday with the lures

Edited by Neil G

Leon,

Anya got your call and told me you weren't coming tomorrow. Very sorry to hear it, I'll give you a call about lunchtime, to see if you fancy an evening somewhere with me driving.

I'm off to you know where now, as it's 2 hours to go and I've been pre-baiting for a few days! No signs of big 'uns yet, but I've found out that since it was de-silted, it's about 3' deeper than when you last fished it. Loads of bubbles!

That has to be the cruellest post ever!! :)

Good Luck Dunc.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Yesterday I was sorting through my tackle and re-organising stuff, cleaning and servicing reels.

Today I've been repairing catapults (not sure why I have so many, they may be breeding), and tying some strings of mackerel feathers.

I think I might be fit enough to fish tomorrow :)

Though maybe not, given the forecast :(

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust