France

Planning a rd trip with two mates over to France in the summer does any1 know any nice tranquil lakes with big carp in? I have found a couple in south France on the net but would like to research a couple more b4 booking

Piking to infinity and beyond

You really need to narrow it down a bit! Exactly what do you want from your week away as getting this right (and agreed among all who go) is a big bit of having a good trip! When looking around French waters before deciding on ours I fished 49 different ones that catered for UK anglers over a three year period.They were extremely diverse!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Planning a rd trip with two mates over to France in the summer does any1 know any nice tranquil lakes with big carp in? I have found a couple in south France on the net but would like to research a couple more b4 booking

gigantica is very good if you can get in..

As Budgie said, 'good' is a very subjective thing. I've lost count of the number of waters I've fished in France and I have just one favourite lake, maybe 1 almsot favourite as well. But what floats my boat won't necessarily be the same for you. As an example I've blanked on them both and in a busy week, only had 3 or 4 fish.

Decide what you want - big fish/low catch rate (possible blank) or smaller fish/higher stock and better chance of catching (but no guarantees) and then location and size of the lake.

Rob.