Fishing in Wroxham advice please

hermes

We are off to Norfolk in February staying in a place right on the river that allows fishing.

Last time we went most anglers were after the Pike but I'm not that bothered although I keep promising my son we will catch a Pike one day, maybe this is my best chance!

I haven't fished Norfolk since I was a boy and was after some help, maybe someone here has stayed in the same place, or some tips on whats in the river, depth,methods and species etc?

This where we are staying:

Hoseasons Wroxham

cheers

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throw a couple of dead baits out by the railway bridge stantions and you will catch .... herring always works for me (Fish been out up to 29lb their this year). Also the connoseur boatyard is always good for a few takes.If you go in the shop tell Martin, Jacko from Cobbleacre sent you for advice and he will look after you.

Hi Hermes,

The main river which runs in front of the complex you are staying in responds well to stick float held back slightly or pole tactics feeding hemp and maggot. The cut that runs into the boatyard produced my p/b pike to floatfished smelt at the same time of year from the cottages opposite and produced a few runs most days, Also a few large perch at dusk.

Have fun (in Horning Myself next week)