Help Virgin Water.

dibbly88

Hi guys i was wondering if you can give me any advice. i have a club match booked on a fishery that only opens a week before. it has been stocked with silver and pastie carp but they have never seen anglers on the bank. the owner has been feeding them on malted oats from a near by brewry. :D so my dilema is what should i use as bait and how do i tackle a water that is brand new. please help.

tight lines.

Dibbly88.

Tight Lines, Dibbly88

Dibbly, I suspect, that given their current diet, all the fish will be ****** as parrots, and will be rolling on the surface, so best method is a large landing net.

Don't let the match officials see you though!!!

An Economist: Someone who sees something working in practice and trys to see if it will work in theory!!!!!!

Dibbly,

now I would'nt be an expert at this type of fishing,but i would be thinking along the lines of the sprayed maggot approach.If you think about it,sprayed maggots will have the same effect of the guy throwing in his malted oats at feeding time.The carp will be in a feeding frenzy by this time,and fishing up in the water would see you getting results.Thats were I would start,and take it from there.Also can you get your hands on some of these oats as a groundbait?

But,I could be completely wrong about this... :confused:

I would go along with the advice of the Piker in the last post, Wag and Mag might be te best option. However, be prepared to ring the changes if the weather changes. Chopped worm on the bottom might also be a winner.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/