Which Whip + General Questions

TommoNewton

Alright , i have a £20-30 budget and want a 8M whip , but literally know nothing about whips

1) DO they have top kits / if so how many sectiond and can you use your pole fishing ones for it

2) can you use your pole fishing rigs

3) what sort of whip do you reccomend , i only fish up to 1LB

any help im grateful for , thankyou :)

Peterborough United Fc

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright , i have a £20-30 budget and want a 8M whip , but literally know nothing about whips

1) DO they have top kits / if so how many sectiond and can you use your pole fishing ones for it

Hi Tommo,

What style of fishing are you planning to use this for? And do you own a pole?

I only ask because unluss your looking at speed fishing for fish of around 2 - 6oz then I see no advantage to owning a whip over a pole.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

Hi Tommo,

What style of fishing are you planning to use this for? And do you own a pole?

I only ask because unluss your looking at speed fishing for fish of around 2 - 6oz then I see no advantage to owning a whip over a pole.

Ant

i did but shifted it because it was horrenodusly heavy and i got out lucky if im honest.

and yes i do '' speed fish '' for that size of fish so i suppose it would be handy

thank you :)

Peterborough United Fc

A 4.5m Preston aerotex whip (I use one for speed fishing and catching silvers up in the water) willset you back near on £50. They are lightweight carbon and fully telescopic as they are designed to fish to hand.

For about £300 you could get an 8m Daiwa Tournament whip - these are fully take apart whips apart from the spliced top three and hollow top three (takes size six elastic).

There are also two 1m extensions available at a cost of about £100.00 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For your budget and the size of whip you what you wont get much.

Shakesphere do an 8m one called the Alpha x but it is fibreglass and will be a bit on the heavy side.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

A 4.5m Preston aerotex whip (I use one for speed fishing and catching silvers up in the water) willset you back near on £50. They are lightweight carbon and fully telescopic as they are designed to fish to hand.

For about £300 you could get an 8m Daiwa Tournament whip - these are fully take apart whips apart from the spliced top three and hollow top three (takes size six elastic).

There are also two 1m extensions available at a cost of about £100.00 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For your budget and the size of whip you what you wont get much.

Shakesphere do an 8m one called the Alpha x but it is fibreglass and will be a bit on the heavy side.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

i did but shifted it because it was horrenodusly heavy and i got out lucky if im honest.

and yes i do '' speed fish '' for that size of fish so i suppose it would be handy

thank you :)

Like what has been said before , your not gonna get anything carbon and 8m for that money and certainly not a brand name but ive found this below that is full carbon and 7m , i dont know if its any good but being that its full carbon it has to be better than anything else at this price .

http://nmpwholesale.co.uk/7mfullcarbonamba...html?cPath=3412

Like what has been said before , your not gonna get anything carbon and 8m for that money and certainly not a brand name but ive found this below that is full carbon and 7m , i dont know if its any good but being that its full carbon it has to be better than anything else at this price .

as for general questions , if i have a 6M whip , could 6m of line be used ? the place i need to get to is around 10m out , could i reach this ?

if so are there any cheap 6m whips i could pick up and can my pole top kits work on a whip

Peterborough United Fc

as for general questions , if i have a 6M whip , could 6m of line be used ? the place i need to get to is around 10m out , could i reach this ?

if so are there any cheap 6m whips i could pick up and can my pole top kits work on a whip

Yes for speed fishing for roach or skimmers this will be fine but if theres any possibility of hooking carp then you will need a take apart pole .

theirs a 0 % chance of that

is their any 6M poles on my budget range

There are but there not gonna be carbon and for the type of fishing your doing you want as light as possible , but heres that link again to a 7m whip full carbon , i think for this money it has to be your best option.