Worms

Bowsa

Hi All

Few weeks back we had an article discussing how to get worms out of your lawn easilly.

Well I don't know if its the slightly warmer, and that is just slightly warmer weather here in the North East but tonight while getting worms for the weekend, never had them jumping out of the ground so quick, ten minutes... tub full... job sorted.

Am I the only one so lucky or is it "worm giving them selves up time" this weekend?

Just hope they wiggle their best wiggle this weekend!!!

Bowsa

Hi Bowsa,

Welcome to Anglers Net.

You may well have hit the nail on the head, and listening to the forecast tonight it may be getting a little colder again so a double good job done. Fingers crossed for the worms performance this weekend.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Hi All

Few weeks back we had an article discussing how to get worms out of your lawn easilly.

Well I don't know if its the slightly warmer, and that is just slightly warmer weather here in the North East but tonight while getting worms for the weekend, never had them jumping out of the ground so quick, ten minutes... tub full... job sorted.

Am I the only one so lucky or is it "worm giving them selves up time" this weekend?

Just hope they wiggle their best wiggle this weekend!!!

Bowsa

Do you put any you dont use back on your lawn?

I am thinking there can only be a certain amount per cubic foot and if you take to many.............

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

What?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Do you put any you dont use back on your lawn?

I am thinking there can only be a certain amount per cubic foot and if you take to many.............

Yes. always put whats left back...depending when next out fishing that is.

I'm like you, I feel there can only be so many in a given area. And feel the best place to store them till I need them next is in my small lawn!

Aw well, you're smarter than me. I always leave too many in a tub and then forget about them until 2 weeks later when they've turned to rotten grey soup, with that amazing odour that never ceases to make my toes curl. It's also good for clearing a cold.

Then I just jetwash the tub against the garden wall.

Spotless and ready for another mindless waste of bait.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

What?

Do you put them back where you found them so they can reproduce and keep you with a natural supply?

If you had your own wormery I bet you would put back any unused worms.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

what the best way of getting worms to come up?

gonna go after some bream this week and wanna get some worms the cheap way

where do i start?

Get a bankstick, push it into the ground as much as you can and tap it with a stick or another bankstick for 5 minutes, don't leave it after a minute or it won't work, time yourself if need be. Then for 10 minutes or so watch as the worms pop up. Try in different spots, some will do better than others and don't be put off if you don't get any, i find some places don't work but most do.

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."