HELP

eaglet

Hi,

Desperately trying to find a good make of pole that'll handle 18/20 elastic and small to medium (occaisionally up to 10 lbs.) sized carp that are psycho's. I need it to be 9.5 - 11mts. long, light, stiff and cheap. Sorry this may be a tall order but my budget is limited, up to about £200. I'm asking the forum for help because I live abroad and can't view/source these poles from here but have a friend in the UK at present who's willing to bring one back for me if I can get one by mail order sent to his place in the UK. As said I can't test/look at these poles so I'm relying on the experience/knowledge of you guys. Can anyone please help???

Cheers :help:

Hi,

Desperately trying to find a good make of pole that'll handle 18/20 elastic and small to medium (occaisionally up to 10 lbs.) sized carp that are psycho's. I need it to be 9.5 - 11mts. long, light, stiff and cheap. Sorry this may be a tall order but my budget is limited, up to about £200. I'm asking the forum for help because I live abroad and can't view/source these poles from here but have a friend in the UK at present who's willing to bring one back for me if I can get one by mail order sent to his place in the UK. As said I can't test/look at these poles so I'm relying on the experience/knowledge of you guys. Can anyone please help???

Cheers :help:

Hi eaglet

Daiwa yank & bank 10mtr takes up to 20 elastic, easily do what your asking for and more, 2 x power tops and match top 3 advertised with it about £180 or less if you look around

Klaus

Hi eaglet

Daiwa yank & bank 10mtr takes up to 20 elastic, easily do what your asking for and more, 2 x power tops and match top 3 advertised with it about £180 or less if you look around

Klaus

Below is a link to a daiwa yank & bank for 159 pounds but just realised that you say you cant view web pages from where you are.

Yes the daiwa is good but ive been doing a lot of research into these margin poles because i need one myself for my match fishing to compliment my preston gis which is very strong but not worth the risk anymore on some of these margin lumps and ive decided to go for the shimano technium xta which ive pasted from shimanos add and copied it below.

I was gonna go for the shimano beastmaster but decided on opting for the extra length of the technium for the same price

http://www.tedcarter.co.uk/product.php?pid...rgin-pole-80797

The Technium is one hell of a margin pole; slim and stiff, it's also well balanced when fishing at its full 9.5m length, enabling you to cover more water than traditional shorter poles. But if that wasn't enough, the Technium is also supplied with a free 50cm extension taking it to a full 10m. The Technium offers outstanding strength to cope with the rigours of landing large fish on strong elastics. Rated to 20 Elastic

Take apart sections

Code

TECXTA950MType margin

9.50 length

537g weight

6 sections

£178.00 RRP

£147.00 Target price

Edited by tony tinca

Hi eaglet

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for the reply. I've also been told about these 3 as well - shimano technium xta - Leeda Assassin 11m Pole - Daiwa 11m SR1 Pole. You appear to know what you're on about. What do you know about these? If you've time I'd appreciate any other advice you can give.

Cheers eaglet :help:

Below is a link to a daiwa yank & bank for 159 pounds but just realised that you say you cant view web pages from where you are.

Yes the daiwa is good but ive been doing a lot of research into these margin poles because i need one myself for my match fishing to compliment my preston gis which is very strong but not worth the risk anymore on some of these margin lumps and ive decided to go for the shimano technium xta which ive pasted from shimanos add and copied it below.

I was gonna go for the shimano beastmaster but decided on opting for the extra length of the technium for the same price

http://www.tedcarter.co.uk/product.php?pid...rgin-pole-80797

The Technium is one hell of a margin pole; slim and stiff, it's also well balanced when fishing at its full 9.5m length, enabling you to cover more water than traditional shorter poles. But if that wasn't enough, the Technium is also supplied with a free 50cm extension taking it to a full 10m. The Technium offers outstanding strength to cope with the rigours of landing large fish on strong elastics. Rated to 20 Elastic

Take apart sections

Code

TECXTA950MType margin

9.50 length

537g weight

6 sections

£178.00 RRP

£147.00 Target price

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I've also been told about these 2 as well - Leeda Assassin 11m Pole - Daiwa 11m SR1 Pole. What do you know about these? The XTA didn't appear to have any 'tops' (when I said I couldn't see the poles I mean't physically not via web sites). Do I need an actual margin pole?. If you've time I'd appreciate any other advice you can give.

Cheers eaglet :help: