Please help with worms

RUDD

A few weeks ago I bought a match pack of worms.

I think they are denbrodena (not spelt right!).

As I only used about a handfull I have loads left.

I have been puting old tea bags in with them which

has kept them alive and the dirt moist.

It even looks like they have been breeding!

I need some help. How do you make a permanent worm farm as they are very expensive to buy?

Does any know how to do this and what dirt / compost to keep them in?

Do any of you have your own worm farm?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Take a peek at this article:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/leon11.htm

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

If you think they have bred. .. are you seeing tiny little white worms about 3/4" in length . .

if so don't wait for them to grow up, they are not baby worms, but a form of parasite (me thinks ??) totally harmless to worms, but they stay that size all the time

or buy some size 30 hooks :D

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

You can build a wormery from wood. It doesnt have to be too big mine are 2ft x 3ft only 6inches deep this is because dendrabenas are forest worms and only live in the top 6 inches of the earth mainly a compost worm.I have 2 which are started off with peat and feed on any compost material teabags veg fruit newspaper , avoid onion skins and not too many spud peelings.I keep mine in the garage floor stacked on each other,dont put a lid on them, but brown carboard and keep them damp they dont like light,when u notice the carboard being eaten its time too feed, dendrabena worms lay eggs about 1/8 dia and green to brown colour.Good look i have had mine going 3 yrs.