baitcasters

dave e

can anyone help me with a problem. I thought the clutch on my masterline sixshooter was slipping, I called masterline, who advised to check the braid was not slipping on the spool.

I checked, and considered it was tight, and sent the reel for repair.

I have now heard from them, that the clutch is ok, but the line is slipping.

So, my question is, does anyone know how to stop braid from slipping on a mutiplyer spool? the problem seems to be that braid does not tighten onto the spoll like nylon would, so there is no inherent tendency to grip the spool.

someone must know the solution?

dave e

dave e:

Dave,

Think you have the answer in your question when you mentioned nylon not slipping!!

Why not put some nylon on the spool then the braid on top of this, sorted!

Joe.....

can anyone help me with a problem. I thought the clutch on my masterline sixshooter was slipping, I called masterline, who advised to check the braid was not slipping on the spool.

I checked, and considered it was tight, and sent the reel for repair.

I have now heard from them, that the clutch is ok, but the line is slipping.

So, my question is, does anyone know how to stop braid from slipping on a mutiplyer spool? the problem seems to be that braid does not tighten onto the spoll like nylon would, so there is no inherent tendency to grip the spool.

someone must know the solution?

dave e

:rolleyes::D

as Tim says, i tend to add enough so that the spool is just covered.

i started on the JW six shooter, im now using the toothey critter, a lovely reel, much easier to use too.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Dave, maybe you could try a couple of turns of electricians tape, wound on with the first couple of turns,used to do this when practising tournament casting in case I ran out of line. (never did though)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Dave,

If you fill your spool about a third of the way with monofilament and then tie the Braided line to the mono it will prevent the slippage you are referring to.

This is common practice here in the U.S. among bass pros' when using braided line.

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell