Angler's Mail

Elton

I see that we got a mention in the Anglers's Mail Christmas edition. They did a feature on the internet, with a page supplied by Fred Guttfield.

They also had some comments from a few angling webmasters, although I must have been out when they called. Either that, or the howling dog put them off (anyone who's phoned me before will know what that means :D ).

Fred mentions the day when he can log on to one of the 'weekly' sites, read about a capture and then get all the details in print the same week.

Fred, that could happen now if one of the weeklies had the foresight to contact a busy site with a view to a bit of mutual back-scratching. Re-branding areas of a website would take, oh, minutes, at least

Tell them to call the howling dog :D

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

P.S. The above sounds a bit negative. It should go without saying that, once again, I am impressed by AM's approach to the 'net. They don't have their own site (yet), but don't see what we do here as a threat or show any animosity towards us (apart from one comment about whether we're so chatty on the bank, perhaps. If anything, I'm worse :P ).

Thumbs up to Angler's Mail - go buy it now and have something to read whilst everyone around you goes mad for the next week or so.

Elton

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Elton. understand where you are coming from.

Interestingly enough had a call from AM last week regarding posts I had made on the web.

So they are looking, watching, and as you say...not negative.

I would suggest you look at some linking. Call Tom Petch.

Graham

Graham E:

So they are looking, watching, and as you say...not negative.

Any journalist who ignores the web is a fool...and they're certainly not that at AM or AT. It's their job to be on the lookout for stories and quite a few start on websites.

As I've said before, the internet is a perfectly valid source of journalistic material.

Strange that I have such little contact with the mags, really, apart from when people here uspet them. Mark Sutcliffe was different - now there's a guy who has respect in the angling world both in public and behind the scenes.

Don't know many other 'professionals', so I can't comment on them. Dave Barham, though, is diamond. If you've met him, you can't fail to like him - he's just like Rosie.

All the best,

Elton

Dear Elton,

Nice to know that the angling press recognise the growing internet medium for angling. You know only to well how big this medium has become.

My thoughts are, that the angling internet medium will continue to grow and grow.

I'm up early this morning as I'm off fishing shortly. Going along ot the river to float fish for barbel. Stret-peging. Its interesting to note that whilst a lot of barbel anglers who are sticking to their various ledgering methods are starting to struggle as winter sets in, I'm catching lots of barbel under the float. Some big un's to.

And I float fish after dark as well!!

Wonder if the angling press knows how I do that?

Regards,

Lee.

PS. Merry Christmas everyone.

trent.barbeler:

And I float fish after dark as well!! Wonder if the angling press knows how I do that?

If you wear daft sunglasses - night and day - and plug sponsors' gear non-stop, you'll be on the way to national recognition. If not...

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

Dear Bruno,

Your quote;

"If you wear daft sunglasses - night and day - and plug sponsors' gear non-stop, you'll be on the way to national recognition. If not... "

So much said in so few words Bruno.

I remember talking to Brian Hankins once, (Rod Hutchinsons old fishing partner) whilst we were out fishing for barbel together. Brian was telling me how hard it had become to get catch shots in the angling papers unless one had a tie up of sorts with the angling trades.

I dont worry about such things myself as I'm just happy catching them. Each to their own as they say. But I would think that "national recognition" has its draw backs. Like being out fishing with the world and its wife knowing who you are, then the same twigging that you are not fishing a particular venue or stretch of river for nothing!!

Good old Baz Varney taught me the follies of being or wanting to be a "name" yonk's ago.

Merry Christmas Bruno.

Regards,

Lee.

Funny,as i mentioned in the favourite weeklys post the editor of am has a pop on page 18 using terms like net nerds and web weirdo,s and questioning the intelligence of people who visit sites like this.Then several pages later came the promotional stuff regarding the great benefits of the net for anglers?? selective amnesia is a wonderful thing..