Turning your hand to fly-fishing?

The Diamond Geezer

quote:

Originally posted by RUDD:

There are no grayling in East Anglia that I have ever heard of which is a pity.

Most flyfishing here is done on stillwaters. Trouble is they cost a packet to fish. On most you have a two fish limit and have to pay for any others you catch. If you catch your limit in the first hour it can ruin your day.

It's about time there were more catch and release fisheries. Most people would pay the extra knowing that they could fish all day and catch as many as they liked as they are put straight back with minimum handling. (best to unhook in water with out touching trout too much.)

Rudd,

You're right on all counts, although there are a few trouty rivers in East Anglia such as the Thet & the Little Ouse, and the upper stretches of some of the larger rivers including the Cam; and then there's the Lark (where. a good few years back, a lad caught a mega-rudd on a fly!)

I didn't think that the lakes at Bury and the fishery at Barton Mills were too much of a rip-off though.

DG

[ 21. March 2003, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]