Rig for Jelly Worms?

northsea

Hi all, how's the fishing?

Wondering if any could offer me a tip or two on an effective rig to use for jelly worms off the shore please?

I was using a 3 way swivel with main line on top swivel, weight with a split ring on the middle and jelly on the end.

What I kept finding was the line attached to jelly kept tangeling around the swivel. :blink:

I was using 15lb main and 12lb trace and the trace was about 4ft.

Any help gratefully accepted indeed!

Chris

What I kept finding was the line attached to jelly kept tangling around the swivel.

As a jelly worm has no weigh, with a long snood, the rig will spin in the air when casting.

When it's in the water the current will also swish the rig about the main line.

If you feel that jellies, in your situation fishing from the shore, will catch fish I suggest you add weight on the line at the front of the jelly, ie split shot.

If you are fishing from a boat, using jelley worms, an uptide or down tide boom should be used, taking your time while letting out line. This will allow the jellied rig to move away from the main line with the current.

booms%20uptide%20copy.gif

downtiding%20rigsb.gif

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Would jellyworms benefit from being soaked in pilchard oil or a similar attractant before being used?

Would they hold a scent?

I like the idea of them but would worry about using them in murky conditions.

----

First day's fishing - 21/07/08

Caught so far: 6 tiddly little bass (released)