Racism in Football

ColinW

Racism in football isn't exactly nonsense, there are still (unfortunately) a few mindless idiots that call themselves football supporters and will chant or make racist comments and/or gestures. I've been to quite a few games this season and have witnessed this for myself. However, as you correctly state, the vast majority of this has (from personal experience) come from fans of other European clubs.

Some of their behaviour has, quite frankly, been appalling and has really shocked me this year at some games. So much so that I refuse to take my nephew to any of these matches.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

"Racist abuse" is really just abuse.

If someone wants to abuse you they need a handle for the abuse, it can be "fat", "old", "skinny", "tall, "short", etc.

If you are coloured, its logical that it becomes, " white", "black", yellow, etc.

With foreigners its often, "French", "German", "Italian", etc., or slang versions like, "Yank", "Kraut", "Jap", etc.

Its just abuse and should be as offensive if you are fat, skinny, French or German, as it is if you are black.

I was watching one of the UK cops programmes a few weeks ago and some young coloured lad had been beaten up.

The policemen were not that bothered until one asked if the attackers had racially abused him, when he said they had called him a "black *******" , the police suddenly got really interested and when calling out the cavalry reported it back to HQ as, "a racially motivated assault".

I wonder what would have happened if it had been a fat kid involved and he had told the police that his attackers called him a "fat *******".

Would the cavalry then have been summoned, I doubt it.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "